Join The Good Life Team - Stock Room Assistant Wanted
The Good Life Refill is hiring - come join our growing team!
Stock Room Assistant – Overview
Location: The Good Life Refill Stock Room, Heath & Reach
Salary: £6.56 - £8.91 per hour/ paid monthly
Hours per week: 6 – 9 hours
Closing date for application: 15th August 2021, 8.00pm
Ideal start date for position: 6th Sept, with training during w/c 30th August.
Vacancy Type: Part-Time/Temporary
This is an opportunity for someone to assist with the behind the scenes running of The Good Life Refill in our Heath & Reach based stock room. A great role to build up stock management skills with no prior retail experience needed – good initiative and can-do attitude are essential.
The Good Life Refill is a packaging free grocery store. We’re an eco-conscious business that tries to put the earth first. We aim to make low impact living accessible and affordable to Leighton Buzzard and surrounding areas. We sell a range of dried foods, cleaning products and toiletries, alongside a wide range of sustainable, planet-friendly products for the home. We’re a young business that’s just finish its first year and with ambition to grow – come join us!
About the Role This is a great introductory role for those wanting to develop their skills and experience in a retail environment but would also suit someone returning to the sector after a break. The role-holder will support the business owner with the management of the stock room. The main duties are as follows:
- restocking empty containers for shop floor and van trading
- assisting with new incoming stock and unpacking deliveries, this includes 25kg sacks
- carrying out cleaning duties and ensure compliance of stockroom procedures
- preparing customer orders
- supporting with stock administration, including entering stockroom data into appropriate databases
- ensuring the accuracy in physical verification of stock
Hours & Pay The current position is carried out over the following hours:
Monday: 4.00 - 6.00
Tuesday: 4.30 – 6.00
Wednesday: 3.30 – 6.00 These hours are open to discussion depending on availability of the candidate. Hours are also subject to change depending on demands of the week – these will always be discussed up front. Pay will be minimum wage according to your age. Staff discount on products is applicable after two months.
Career Development As we grow the business, we are open to supporting you grow your role also. We encourage ideas that support sustainability.
Training Available Full training including food safety, hygiene and manual handling will be provided. Depending on performance, we may offer further training to help you build skills and confidence. About You There are certain characteristics and skills which are essential to the role. These are non-negotiable and anyone applying will be expected to meet all of these criteria. You must:
· be approachable, reliable, and trustworthy
· a decent level of fitness adequate for the role (the work involves manoeuvring 25kg sacks and boxes)
· be willing to comply with our food safety and hygiene practices at work
· be keen to learn about our wide range of ethical and sustainable products
· be hardworking and able to use your initiative
· be able to work and communicate with a variety of people
· be able to read and write basic English
· have excellent personal hygiene
There are also some characteristics and skills which could benefit you in this role, but which are non-essential or which you can be taught. These include:
· a passion for sustainability and/or food production
· previous experience in manual labour roles (not necessarily retail)
· the ability to identify problems and find efficient solutions
How to Apply To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter (no more than 750 words) explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to: email@example.com
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
We will email you to acknowledge the receipt of your application. We will then call you to follow up if your application is successful.